Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweat It Out

Day 97

I love the feeling after a good sweat. I played netball during my primary school days and I love the game. I never miss a training session and during my first 2 years in my secondary school, I was crazy about netball. I played Goal Defence and Goal Keeper during my primary school days but switched to Goal Shooter in my secondary school. I would go to the court everyday to practice my shooting. Due to the long hours under the sun, I was so dark that I was often mistaken to be a Malay!

I used to run with my hall mate when I was staying in the hostel. We would go for an early dinner at 7 and meet at 1030pm for the night run. I enjoy the night run. We run along the bus routes that ply the campus. There is a short and a long route. I started with the shorter route and after a while, I began running the longer route and it felt great to conquer the slopes! Those were the days.

After I graduated, I never got down to running again. It was so difficult to get out of the house once I reach home and there was no running buddy to get me out of the house. Tea breaks, late dinners, occasional suppers and no exercise made me fat again. My brother introduced me to skipping and finally I was exercising again. I am not sure if it helps me to lose weight but it certainly makes me sweat and feel less guilty about snacking and eating unhealthy food. Haha. I used to skip 2000 times a day, 2 times a week. Of course, it was not 2000 times at one go!

It has been almost a year since I skipped.

I skipped today! The first 100 was tough. I kept tripping over the rope! @#%&! iI could feel the fats jiggling as I skipped. Mr Tan was not encouraging. First he said I looked like I was having a tough time, then he asked me how many times I have skipped while I was skipping and then tried to distract me with his counting. My aim for today was 1000 and I am glad that I did 1100! I will be trying to keep to 1000 for next week and then increase it to 1500 and then 2000. Fats, fats, go away! Don't come back ever again!


4 comments:

  1. so cold that i just feel like hibernating, already put on weight!!! sianzzz.... i trying to eat less...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went shopping yesterday and was tempted to buy a weighing machine but the weighing machines here are retarded! The first one weI stepped on, I was 52 and Mr Tan 70. The second one we stepped on, I was 54 and Mr Tan 76. The difference in our weight doesn't even match!!!!!!!!
    I feel so fat after the weighing so I started skipping today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too... I weigh in my teacher house the other day, I was 52 kg too... totally devastated!!! sianzzz... but i can;t stop eating the good food... and being alone here makes me eat more...sob...

    ReplyDelete
  4. proud of u my sister!
    and yuzhi jie, start exercising too!!!

    ReplyDelete