Monday, November 8, 2010

Keeping My Brain Active

Day 98

I have not been successful in my job search. I have sent my resumes to schools, applied for admin jobs and even a bubble tea job but I have not heard from any of them. Is it because I am Asian and that is why it is so difficult to find a job in schools? They are putting up ads for teachers but none of the schools I applied to replied. Am I too qualified for the bubble tea job? Mr Tan said I am too old, they prefer cute and young ones. Haha. Being jobless hasn't been going down well with my mom. It was kinda sad to talk to her the other day. She kept harping on the fact that I am jobless, no income and that is not what she wants. I don't want this too. I tried to tell her that I am looking for jobs but they just don't want me! I explained to her that I am trying to make the best out of the situation here and see it positively, I have learnt how to cook and do housework. And she replied, that is not what I want to see you doing. Luckily Dad was more supportive and happy to hear my thoughts.

I am searching for a hobby to keep myself occupied. Cooking? Baking? Not really my cup of tea. I have absolutely no talent in the kitchen and I am thankful that the food I cook is edible. Baking seems too troublesome and difficult. I am not sure if I even want to start thinking about it.

Cross-stitch was something that I used to do once in a while back home. I was doing a sepia one but gave up after I lost track of where I was stitching. I might consider doing it again. But it is an expensive hobby.

I have been wanting to try Scrapbooking is something but it is the end products rather cumbersome to store or display. I am thinking of making personalised cards. Small, compact and easy to display and store. This shall be top on my possible hobby list, for now at least.

I miss kickboxing though. The first time I did it with my friends, we couldn't lift our arms for the next 2 days due to muscle pain. But the instructor is very important to motivate and make the entire session fun. They must know what they are doing. Some of the instructors I went to are just trying to earn a living. No passion, no idea about what they are doing. But I don't like to go alone, somehow it isn't fun to go alone. The girls here aren't interested in KB, they prefer dance classes.

I started skipping yesterday.
1st push factor: We went to Big W and started to weigh ourselves on the scales. The first one we stepped on, I was 52! This is 2kg more than what I saw when we first came. The second scale we stepped on, I was 54! Damn! Mr Tan also stood on the scales. On the first scale, he weighed 70 but on the second one, he weighed 76! Seriously, is there something in this country that is working???

2nd push factor: Mr Tan skyped with his family that day and when MIL saw me, she immediately said my face has become rounder while Mr Tan has lost weight. Never say a woman is fat, even if that's the truth! Althought I am very man, I am still a girl and that comment hurts! I looked at the photos taken lately and my face is indeed rounder. My inactive brain and body hasn't been burning fats. I want to skip away the fats!

What else can I do? Blogging is like one of my fave things to do at the moment. There is nohing else to do in this place. No culture, no efficiency, no meritocracy, what are we doing here again???????

The only good thing here is, we are living together. Treasure this time and make the best out of it. It WILL be the only time when I am a full-time housewife.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't blogged for 2 days... cos on" business trip" got mid year seminar in Oita city... Had fun yesterday. ate Mexican food, went onsen weigh 51 kg... not sure how accurate... but today i am tired. I lost my scarf. not that the scarf is very impt or I like it a lot but i was upset... and i wanted to come back to skype home. but they not online...Then i read your blog... and I'm suddenly miss home so much...so much... and i miss my friends too...I know I'm going to be fine tmr tho... jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gin! dun worry about not getting a job..take this as a break =) since u have this opportunity to live overseas with your hubby, use this time to experience a different lifestyle, do something you like...what's the hurry to start work again? just imagine if you are to work until 50 yrs old, you will have 20 yrs ahead for you to work..haha..remember that you work to live, not live to work. but if you want to expand your social network, you can try to join some voluntary work? great way to know more people and probably some lobang for jobs too =) stay happy and enjoy life! cheers, Fen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fen, so nice to hear from you! I am beginning to settle down pretty well and getting used to the life here. Staying at home has allowed me to try cooking and trying out new recipes! It is something that I doubt I will ever have the chance to do in SG. I do hope to find something to do as I can sense that my intelligence level is already starting to drop, not that it was very high to begin with. haha. thanks for the encouragement! *hug*

    ReplyDelete