Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 3 Angels in My Life

Day 93

3 months ago, we bade goodbye to our friends and family at the airport. It was tough saying goodbye to Papa, Mama and Guma. They have always been taking care of me, supporting me and loving me.

Mama has been feeling down few weeks prior to my wedding. On my wedding day, she cried. It has been a long time since I saw Mama cry. Mama is not someone who expresses her feelings and show her affections openly. Since young, we seldom communicate as she is working and we were taken care of by Guma. Only after I went to JC did I begin to appreciate what Mama is doing for us. Lately, she has been unwell. She is feeling tremendous stress at work and it is affecting her health. Age is catching up on her and her legs have been giving her problems. She has also been having fainting spells. I have been telling her to take a break from work and travel to China or Japan for a holiday. She has been working all her life, now that Bro and I have grown up, it is time for her to enjoy life.


Papa is my silent protector. He is the traditional man who refuses to enter my room because I am a girl. When I was young, I always put my hand in his pocket and we would walk the shopping malls together while Mama is at work. He is a family man who gives the best to us. He will go Goodwood Park to buy durian puffs for me, he will go Jurong to visit Bro in his hostel, he will fetch Mama from work every Sunday. His life revolves around us. Papa always feels breathless and experiences heart pain when he exerts himself at work and we have been nagging him for the longest time to consult a doctor. He is waiting for Mama to be free so that they can go travel together.


Guma is the greatest woman that I know. Life hasn't been kind to her but she is one strong woman. In spite of all the challenges, she still smiles and brings joy to all those around her. Since Bro and I were born, we have been staying with her. I stayed with her till I was 13 before moving back home. I was closer to her than I was to Mama. She loves all of us like her own children and she is like a mother to us. Of course, Bro is her favourite and she cannot stop smiling when Bro is around. No matter what we do wrong, she will never be angry with us. She is such a loving person who always puts others before self. I hope to bring her to Hokkaido when I am back home. It has been so long since I went on a trip with her.


Thinking about them always makes me cry.

My wish is for them so stay healthy and happy always.

2 comments: