Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - Prawn Noodles

Day 97

We tried another Premix yesterday. This time, we cooked Prawn Noodles.


Ingredients
Prawns
Pork Ribs
Peking Noodles (Mr Tan finds the rest of the noodles too thick for his liking)
Bean Sprouts (The bean sprouts here have a weird smell to them and I don't like them)
Fish Cake


It was easy to cook and the meal was ready within 30 minutes. I probably added too much water and the soup tasted bland. I cooked the prawns in the water before using it as the stock but the sfailed to add any prawn taste to the soup. Even the pork ribs failed to add more flavour to the soup. It is impossible to cook the stock using prawns and pork ribs as that would require a large quantity of prawns. But the next time I cook it, I might want to leave the prawn shells in the soup and cook them for a longer period of time.

I dislike the bean sprouts here as they always smell weird and Mr Tan suggested that it might be because they are not the young shoots that we eat back home. They are too old. No more bean sprouts in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment