Monday, November 15, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - Hainanese Chicken Rice (Premix)

Day 105

We tried 2 new food in our kitchen yesterday. Both didn't turn out well and I was a little disappointed. First I tried to cook Red Beans with Black Glutinous Rice and Sago after I ate it at Chatter Box on Saturday. I couldn't find any recipe on the net and used my limited kitchen knowledge and ability to cook it, hoping for the best. Sadly, it did not turn out well. I will try it again next week and hopefully I will be able to post the edible dessert!

We used Prima Taste Premix and cooked Hainanese Chicken Rice for dinner. We bought too much chicken and had to buy 2 boxes of the premix! I'm not sure if we will buy it again and if we do, we must remember to buy lesser chicken!

I thought the premix wasn't too good, the seasoning that was used to cook the chicken did not add much taste to the chicken meat. The soy sauce for serving the chicken meat was too sweet. We added our own soy sauce and sesame oil instead. The chilli wasn't spicy, once again, it was sweet. 

I did not buy a whole chicken as I have no idea how to cut it! So I bought drumsticks and thighs. I used 2 packs of the seasoning to cook the chicken for 30 mins but the chicken was a little uncooked. We forgot to make ice and thus, we did not manage to soak it in ice water and that's probably why the meat was not tender. I will be searching the net to find a recipe to make my own Hainanese Chicken Rice!

 

1 comment:

  1. We tried cooking in USA and it taste good leh... not sure how my sister did it...maybe we too long never eat good CHinese food that ime, so it tasted great! Cos they were judging it by American standard... hee...

    ReplyDelete