Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - Chocolate Cupcakes (Woolworths Premix)

Day 106


My first attempt at baking was a cheater's method. I bought a premix pack from Woolworths and I did not buy the cupcake tray in case this is the one and only time I am baking. Without the tray, all my cupcakes expanded sideways instead of upwards. My cupcakes look so fat!

I added nutella as filling for the cupcake and topped the icing with nuts. It was edible but I don't like the taste of the flour mix, it was too cakey and I would prefer a stronger taste and smell of butter. I added Nutella as filling, thinking that it would turn to out to be those moist filling but I couldn't taste it at all. I just searched the net for moist chocolate filling and it turns out that squares of chocolate should be used. Otherwise, I should fill the cupcakes after they are baked.

Though everything was premixed and all I did was to mix them accordingly, I am still very happy that my first attempt was quite successful. Mr Tan said it was nice and he ate three at one go. Fuelled by his encouragement, I will bake again. I will try out other brands of premix and work towards filling my cupcakes with moist chocolate filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment