Wednesday, November 3, 2010

7 Months and Counting

Day 93

Time flies. It has been 7 months since we got married. Occasionally I would look at the pictures taken on our Big Day and they bring back sweet memories. We did many things differently and in our own way but there are also many things that I would have done differently and at times, I wish I could turn back the clock. For one, I want to choose my own wedding gowns! I have been so rebellious all my life, I wonder why I did not stand up for myself then. I would also change the photographer. The wedding pics were a disappointment. Why weren't the special moments captured? Also, I would have insisted that Papa Goh got his suit tailored. I would have booked the band that I wanted sooner. I would have done the video for our parents earlier to avoid the stress. There are just so many things I would have done differently!

But the love that I received made up for all these imprefections. I am thankful for all the love that I received from the people around me. It is something that I will forever hold dear to my heart.

My brother kept me company and rushed to be by my side when I needed him. He told me that nothing else matters so long as I am happy. He will support all decisions that I make so long as I am happy with my life. He sacrificed many nights of sleep and spend alot of time to make a video specially for me. It was full of love and I couldn't stop crying.

My twin accompanied me to try gowns, listened to my complaints and covered my work while I was away. At times when I didn't want to talk, she sat quietly beside me. At times when I was frustrated and needed to vent it all out, she sat beside me to listen. At times when I was confused and needed advice, she sat beside me and gave me suggestions. She saw my smiles, my tears and was always beside me.

My Brother and My Twin
My mentor gave me her shoulder to cry on and supported me through the tough times. We might not speak to each other or see each other everyday but she could sense my pain. She wiped away my tears when I cried and it pained her to see my tears. She always has my interests at heart and would do her best to help me out.

My Dearest Mentor
My principal listened to the challenges I was facing and was so understanding. She hugged and comforted me when I was down. She never fails to give me a hug or a pat on the shoulder and assured me that she is always here to help if I needed any.

My Principal
My sisters and brothers who were so sporting to don school uniforms and made the day so special for us. Waking up super early, being part-time photographers, emcees for the night, receptionists and not being able to sit down and have a proper meal at the banquet. At the end of the day, they were just as tired as we were. But they did everything with a smile, filled with their blessings for us.

My Lovely Sisters
The Ah Beng Brothers
It was not an easy process for Mr Tan and I. Right from the beginning, we agreed that iIt was a wedding for our parents, not for us. He would have wanted something simple and I would have wanted it to be fun. We saw no need to follow what everyone was doing, we just wanted to do things that were meaningful to us. We had our arguments, our fights and at times, we wanted to call it quits. But our love pulled us through. He told me that he will do anything and go through everything with me. On that day, he ran the show with a huge smile on his face.


Papa Goh, Mama Goh, Guma, Xiaogu, Mei, Jie, Jiefu, Godfather, Godmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone in the family was excited and happy for me. Despite their busy schedules, they took time out and was present on that day. Their presence and blessings made the day special.

My Dearest Family

I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment