Friday, November 5, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - 猪肉虾仁饺子

Day 95

Last Sunday, Mr Tan and I decided to try making 猪肉虾仁饺子. I was so excited when I bought the vinegar. Mr Tan said that my main dish is the vinegar while the 猪肉虾仁饺子 is the side dish, which I think has some truth in it. 我就是喜欢吃醋!

But it was a failure. The first time I steamed the dumplings on my plate, the dumplings skin was so hard after steaming. I thought it was because my plate prevented the steam from getting to the dumplings so I bought a bamboo steamer, hoping that the skin would not harden after steaming. It was a futile attempt. Mr Tan commented that perhaps the skin was too thick and not suitable for steaming, I should have boiled them instead. The filling was pretty tasteless. The seasoning did not seem to have been absorbed by the filling. Sigh. I think my vinegar will be left on the shelf for a long long time.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Australia jiaozi pi is harder??? Japan ones are ok...I boil them.. never steam... not sure if can fry like gyoza. But I found a gyoza place in oita city... I like that place.. small shop, but sell all gyozas...will definitely go again...

    ReplyDelete