Saturday, November 13, 2010

Home Cooked Dinner @ 109 Clarendon

Day 103

Tonight's dinner was a home cooked meal by Jiaqi and me. She is a great cook! She certainly knows how to cook and there is so much that I can learn from her. She is indeed a girl who 进得了厨房,出得了厅堂。 I am so envious of her. I must buck up and she will be my role model!

For tonight's dinner, she made ABC soup, beans with minced chicken, steamed garlic and ginger prawns and white fungus with longans for dessert while I made curry chicken.

Jiaqi and Shenton went to the market to buy the food and she bought 1kg of prawns! We couldn't finish the prawns but everything else on the table was cleaned up. I love the beans with minced chicken, it was flavourful, though a little salty. I already bought beans and was planning to cook it next week. What a coincidence! I learnt how to cook ABC soup from Jiaqi. She used chicken bones and added white pepper seeds. It tasted a little like the 猪肚汤 and I love the taste of white pepper. It is something that I am going to try cooking.

I didn't manage to take pictures of all the food but I must say, it was a great night hanging out with her, Shenton, Jasmine and of course, Mr Tan. We were talking about making this makan session a monthly affair between our place and her place as Jasmine's studio apartment is too small and we aren't keen on eating steamed food (that's the only way Jasmine cooks to avoid stinking her apartment). So the next one will be at our place and I am looking forward to it! ♥


3 comments:

  1. Seems like a great idea to have a monthly thingy... will be fun! I just baked apple muffins. cos got 2 apples in the fridge.. and today is a free day... looks good...but i think banana choc is still the best...I thinking of going home for CNY. what u think? If my parents are coming then ok, but my sis giving birth , so i donno if they will come or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a good idea to go home during CNY! Go back and earn angbao..haha..It is a good time to go back also as you can catch up with everyone over the festive period. Plus, you can bring those winter stuff back home that you don't need and save on shipping afterwards. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...i donno yet... will think abt it and see how... if there are places to visit and frens, then i don think my homesick attack will come.. will keep a lookout for air tickets tho...Wanna come here for new year? hee...

    ReplyDelete