Monday, November 1, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - Assam Prawns

Day 91

Assam sauce is my new favourite and after the success of Assam fish (it was a no-brainer, just steam the fish, add the sauce and steam again, done!), I decided to try Assam Prawns. Combine my fave sauce with my fave seafood!

With my limited cooking skills, it is impossible for me to create my own Assam sauce like the other experts who have posted their recipes on the net. So, pre-packed sauces are my best friends. This sauce was recommended by Shyan and I absolutely love it!

Assam Prawns
Ingredients
- Prawns (200g about 8 pieces)
- Onions
- Half a packet of sauce
- 200ml of water

1) Remove the head,legs and tail of the prawns and deveined them
2) Season them with pepper, salt, soy sauce and Shaoxing wine (I just add a little of everything I have in the kitchen for seasoning)
3) Fry the onions till they turn slightly brown
4) Add in the prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 mins till they turn pink
5) Add in Assam sauce and mix it well with the prawns
6) Add water and let it boil
Done!

1 comment:

  1. Premix...I don't see assam here... But i found tomyam noodles. 辛拉面and timtam... But they are at parkplace... a faraway shoping mall for me to get there on my own...

    ReplyDelete