Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let's Celebrate 100 Days!

Day 100

100 days of Aussie life! This calls for a celebration!
I decided to cook what is known as "Western Food" back home.

Menu
Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Wedges in Beer Batter
Caesar Salad with Prawns

Ingredients
4 chicken drumsticks
Corn flour
Seasoning:
2 chicken stock (crushed)
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
Pepper

1) Give the drumsticks a few cuts with the knife
2) Add all the seasoning to the drumsticks and mix them well. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours
3) Coat the chicken wings with corn flour before frying
4) Heat the oil with high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce fire to medium heat and fry the drumsticks
5) Fry the drumsticks for 15 mins and turn the drumsticks often so that it is evenly cooked

Verdict: The fried chicken drumsticks was such a letdown. I should have bought KFC and told Mr Tan that I fried them! The chicken drumsticks took a while to be cooked and I was glad that they were thoroughly cooked but the it was not crispy. I think I did not coat them with enough flour. Also, it was too salty. Need to reduce the amount of chicken stock added to it.


The wedges was idiot proof as I bought the frozen ones from the supermarket. Yummy yummy! I should have cooked more.

I bought the Caesar salad pack from the supermarket but added in prawns and hard boiled egg. I steamed the prawns, peeled them and chilled them in the fridge. I had initially wanted to make shrimp salad but couldn't resist the Caesae salad pack. It has been a while since I had it and I even bought a bottle of Caesar dressing as I love my salad with lots of dressing. The salad added a refreshing taste that was welcome to the otherwise oily and sinful meal. The lettuce was crunchy and the bacon bits were delicious. The dressing that was included in the pack was tasty but the one that I bought was too creamy for my liking. So, the hunt for my fave salad dressing continues...


Fried chicken is Mr Tan's fave and today's dinner certainly made him a happy boy!
Cheers to 100 days!

1 comment:

  1. COngrats to your 100 days there!!! and Jiao you for the next 100 and more days to come!!!

    ReplyDelete