Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunday's Lunch

Day 83

Mr Tan wanted to cook lunch for me on Sunday and surprise me when I wake up. But before he could even start cooking, I woke up! Haha. Lunch was Fried Bee Hoon and Curry Chicken. We are going to try another curry paste after our last success. Mr Tan had all the ingredients ready. He had sliced the cabbage, carrots and mushrooms, shredded the pork, soaked the bee hoon and cleaned the chicken. We wanted to cook the curry for lunch the dinner and our pot was too small for it. It was too squeezy for 2 Maryland Chicken, 6 Chicken Wings and 2 Potatoes. Time to get a bigger pot!

Mr Tan actually looked up the net for Bee Hoon recipe but he didn't follow it closely. 1 can of 红烧排骨 was meant for 200g of Bee Hoon but he soaked 300g of it and the stock was too little for that much of Bee Hoon. Also, there was not enough ingredients. I like my Bee Hoon to have lots of ingredients! But still, thank you Mr Tan for the sweet gesture! ♥

 

Verdict: It was like having a buffet. Bee Hoon with curry chicken! Familiar taste...

Oh, he helped to clean the toilet too! For the first time since we moved here and I certainly hope it won't be the last time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha... see... he bothers to give you surprise... not bad lah... wash toilet some more... I think I contributed to his change... hahah... he see me give suprise then he follow me...hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...Thank you for "inspiring" him! Please keep "inspiring" him!!

    ReplyDelete