Thursday, October 28, 2010

My $20 Dress for Derby Day

Day 87

Melbourne Cup Carnival is one the most important event here and Melbourne Cup Day which falls on the first Tuesday in November is a public holiday! It is Australia's most famous Tuesday where everyone is given the day off to watch horse racing!

We bought tickets for the Victoria Derby Day as it is not as expensive as Melbourne Cup itself and yet we can join in the carnival. It is a dress-up day and shops here stock items for the carnival. Dresses, hats, fascinators, heels, manicure and hair services, etc. It is like THE event of the year. All these fuss to watch horse racing? I seriously don't understand.

Anyway, I got my dresses to be sent over but they are in the wrong colours! According to the other girls, I need to follow the black and white dress code or I will look odd. I wanted to wear a floral dress, colourful and fun but apparently it's a no-no. I only had 1 black dress and that is too loose on the top. To wear it, I need to buy a strapless bra and a belt. That would cost me $50. I reckon I might as well spend that money on a new dress. So, I went dress hunting with that budget.

And, I found a $20 dress! Haha. Of course, the quality is not good and the material is so thin that I need to wear a slip inside. But who cares? It's only $20. Moreover, no need to worry about the dress sliding down due to my insufficient top mass! The only thing that worries me is that the weather forecast for that day is rainy and the temperature is only 17 degrees. It is supposed to be Spring, not winter! I want the sun! I don't want to be shivering.

 



1 comment:

  1. Nice dress... :)Enjoy yourself. I will be going to oita city for the exhibition booth for singapore and staying for the weekend. might not updte my blog...typhoon is coming, i hope my apt will not be flooded...

    ReplyDelete