Saturday, October 30, 2010

Eat Out - E C Pot Cafe (Claypot)

Day 88

Friday is Eat Out Day. We decided to try E C Pot Cafe at QV Market. I read the online reviews and apparently it's quite a nice and popular place. Saldy, it was not a satisfactory meal. I ordered Black Pepper Chicken with rice ($10.40) and Mr Tan ordered Hainanese Chicken Rice ($11.80). 

The complimentary soup came first. It was Pork Ribs with Carrots Soup. It tasted alright but was there was too much MSG in it. When my dish came, I was disappointed. The black pepper sauce wasn't strong and lacking in taste. The rice was hot but there was no dark sauce or any seasoning on it. Perhaps I was expecting too much. It was nothing like the claypot rice that we have back home. Mr Tan's dish came after 15 minutes. Apparently they need to steam the chicken and that takes time. The soy sauce for the chicken was too salty, no sesame oil or any other seasoning for the chicken. The chilli was sweet.

We won't be going back for sure. I could have spend the $20 at Dessert House for a better meal.

 
 

E C Pot Cafe Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment