Saturday, October 23, 2010

Shopping at Bridge Road

Day 82

Bridge Road is one of the popular shopping strips in Melbourne so I decided to head there with Mr Tan after lunch. I forgot to check the directions and we took the wrong tram. Luckily Mr Tan realised it and we got off the tram. We walked for almost 15 mins before reaching Bridge Road and it was a disappointment. Sigh. The shopping here is nothing compared to SG, HK or BKK. :(

There are outlets stores but they don't appeal to me. There are a couple of nice shops selling dresses and the quality is good but of course, they come at a higher price. I have no need for dresses so there was nothing much for me to buy. I wanted to buy a white belt for the dress that I am wearing to Derby Cup next Saturday as I didn't have enough "mass" on top to support the dress. I need the belt to prevent the dress from slipping down. All I need was a simple white belt but it was so difficult to find something plain. I miss Bugis Street! Sob sob. 

I was also looking for a fascinator for Derby Cup. I am not keen on getting it at all but the girls who are going with us for Derby Cup kept telling me that I must get one, otherwise I will look odd as everyone will be having one. Peer pressure. I tried many today and it just looks weird. Perhaps it's my face. Too manly for such girly stuff. haha. And there is a colour code for Derby Cup. Black and White. BORING! I feel like buying a hat instead. Not those big and fanciful ones but a simple and plain straw hat that I can use when I go to the beach. In the end, I bought a small black fascinator. I am thinking if I should have bought a white one instead. Hmmm...it's only $10, so I might just get another white one too. Haha. Next week I am going shopping again, hopefully I can find my hat!



No comments:

Post a Comment