Friday, October 15, 2010

Eat Out - Old Town Kopitiam - Mamak (Malaysian and Singaporean Hawker Fare)

Day 74 - THE COLDEST DAY

Today's weather is FREAKING COLD. It is the coldest that we have experienced in our 2 months here. It has fallen below 10 degrees. It was in fact 9.4 degrees but it felt like 5 degrees with the strong wind! Because of the rain, I couldn't go to the market today.

The howling wind was strong and merciless. It caused me to sway when I was at the traffic light and when I was crossing the road, I couldn't walk in a straight line. It blew me towards a car that had stopped at the traffic light! I was supposed to meet Mr Tan and Jasmine for dinner and drinks and it was too cold. I was waiting for the tram and I was shivering. I called Mr Tan and told him I can't take it anymore. I'm heading back home, please buy dinner back. I might be blown away any time before the tram arrives!


My hero braved the winds to bring dinner back for me! :)

Me - Jasmine Rice + Fried Chicken + Sambal Prawns + Sambal Fried Eggs ($11)
Hero - Briyani Rice + Curry Chicken + Fried Chicken + Sambal Prawns ($12)

Verdict - Food was alright but portions were quite miserable, especially for the curry chicken, only 1 piece of medium-sized chicken. But the sambal was good. It was spicy! The fried chicken (thigh meat) was a little too dry but the seasoning was tasty and it came with a piece of papadam! Hero said that the next time he orders it, he will just buy 3 portions of fried chicken since they are all of the same price. Hopefully we can visit the other branch next Friday!

Jasmine Rice + Sambal Prawns + Sambal Fried Eggs
Fried Chicken with Papadam
Briyani Rice + Sambal Prawns + Curry Chicken (where is the chicken???)

Old Town Kopitiam Mamak (QV Square) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty, like singapore nasi lemak... and it's spicy... Here everything i ut the chilli powder... so that it's spicy but it's stll not the sambal chilli taste..I got lost today...But i also got a hero to help me... haha... My 帅气 student found me lost and came to my rescus... Monsay I will reward him for saving me from the cold wind too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah...帅气 student ah? Monday take a photo with him, say your twin want to see him..haha...

    ReplyDelete