Saturday, October 23, 2010

Eat Out - Dumplings Plus

Day 82

After a long day of shopping and 2 haircuts, it's dinner time!
Dumplings Plus wasn't crowded and we got a table immediately. I wasn't really hungry but I need to reward Mr Tan with some food as he went shopping with me today! haha. We ordered 招牌炒饭 ($8),Deep Fried Drumlets ($6) and Handmade Pork Dumplings in Chilli Oil ($8). I read the reviews and many said these dumplings are good. The dumplings come in 15pcs! So no more food unless I can finish everything.

As we waited for our food, the warning signs of bad food started to appear. The angmohs! Apparently, any restaurant that is popular with angmohs is tantamount to bad food. I was crossing my fingers.

First to arrive was the Handmade Pork Dumplings in Chilli Oil. The skin was thick but not hard or chewy. I thought they tasted good, especially with the vinegar. I miss vinegar! Then came the 招牌炒饭. This is too salty but they are generous with the ingredients. Finally came the pathetic deep fried drumlets. $6 for 3 tiny drumlets! The dumplings and rice aren't expensive and I thought it was pretty good value for money. I will certainly be coming here the next time I have cravings for dumplings unless i can find a cheaper place.


Verdict:
Handmade Pork Dumplings in Chilli Oil - Yes!
招牌炒饭 - Probably not. Will try the 四川担担面 next time
Deep Fried Drumlets - NEVER! Not value for money at all!

Dumplings Plus on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Cook your own dumplings, cheap and good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must buy vinegar first! haha..then I will start making them!

    ReplyDelete