Monday, October 18, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - Curry Chicken (Action One)

Day 77

This has to be the best curry paste we had tasted so far. Mr Tan loves curry and ever since we came here, we have been buying the different brands of curry paste that we can find in Asian Grocery Stores. During the first month, I cooked curry every week but none of the paste tasted good. They are either too salty or there is simply too little spice in the paste. I got discouraged and decided not to cook curry so often. Another thing I have learnt, never trust the directions on the package.


Now introducing the best curry paste we had tasted so far......*drum rolls*


The direction on the package was to add 200ml of water. I did that and the curry was so salty! So I added in more water and then more coconut milk and more water again and more coconut milk again. I can't even remember how much water and coconut milk I added eventually.


Verdict: It was spicy and the curry taste was strong. Fantastic! It was closest to what we eat at home.  Mr Tan and I love it! *4 thumbs up* 
But it was SUPER OILY. I scooped away the oil as I was cooking it. I don't want to become a Fatty Bom Bom.


2 comments:

  1. I have been cooking Japanese food here... I should try curry soon... But I cant finish them. All premix are for 4 or more pple. I only have 1 here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cook already can pass one bowl to your landlady to try! The portions arent very big actually. It is about 2 servings only. They say 2-3 servings but it's usually enough for Mr Tan and I only. Might be able to feed a third person but that's the max.

    ReplyDelete