Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally Our Apartment is Complete!

Day 79

Finally! Our apartment is complete! Yippie! 

Although we have shifted to our apartment for 2 months, we were living without a sofa and bed frame. It took the furniture shop 9 weeks to make and deliver them although they had initially promised that it would only take 4-6 weeks MAX. Efficiency just doesn't exist in any of the dictionaries here. (The furniture shop is only one of the many inefficiencies that we have encountered so far and I foresee there will only be more to come)
Comfy Sofa....Mr Tan falls asleep every night on the sofa!
The sofa is the most expensive item in our apartment but we love it! It cost a whopping $799 and we are only going to use it for our 2 years,or rather 22 months. (Thanks to the inefficient furniture shop) Mr Tan loves it to bits! He can finally lie down comfortably to watch TV prog. The sofa first arrived on Sunday (but it was incomplete) and he has been falling asleep on the sofa ever since! Yesterday the remaining parts came and that was only after we called the furniture shop to "chase" them for it. And luckily we called. Apparently it was not on the delivery truck AGAIN. I nearly killed the guy when told me about it. He probably could sense my 杀气 and quickly assured me that he would get someone to deliver it over. Mr Tan fixed the sofa and finally, the last piece of puzzle is in place!



Other than the sofa, the other item that we love is our SUPER Vacauum Cleaner. I have never used a vacuum cleaner abefore so I can't judge how good it is but others who had used vacuum cleaners before have been praising it non-stop. Jiaqi borrowed it one day to vacuum her house and was shocked to see the dust that our vacuum picked up! We are considering if we should bring it back home.......

We have certainly learnt alot from this experience and Mr Tan and I both agreed that this would come in handy when our new place is ready in 2011. We know what are the fittings that we dislike, what are the essentials to have and most importantly, we have both learnt how to fix furniture. Haha. Coffee table, TV stand, Bedside tables, Bed, Sofa, everything was DIY. Mr Tan is the worker while I am the supervisor who lend a hand occasionally. Most of the time, I used my formidable eye power. Haha. But that's what men are for, right? ;)

Finally, we have a home away from home.

 
Egg Cooker sent from home!
One colour for each type of food
One Touch Can Opener - Hands Free :)
Heater - A Must Have in Winter


 

2 comments:

  1. Your apartment looks great! Just like a new flat in Singapore... haha... I like the basin!!! Its big and square... hee... everything looks good now and u 2 can live comfortably there...yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a new apartment and that is one of the reasons why we chose it, prefer new places..haha..
    can't wait for my new place to come in 2011! I want to have a bigger wardrobe! The one here is like 1/4 of what I have back home because I need to share with Mr Tan!

    ReplyDelete