Monday, October 25, 2010

Gin's Kitchen - 干烧虾

Day 84

I love prawns! I must cook prawns every week and I am running out of ideas about how to cook them. I found this 干烧虾 recipe and decided to try it out. The recipe looks really easy but it is easier said than done! Blame it on my limited cooking skills. I added too much butter and the butter taste was too strong. I also added too much chilli padi and I became "Jolie" after the meal. Haha.

干烧虾

Ingredients
- Prawns
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic (chopped)
- 1Chilli Padi (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter (I am not going to add this the next time I try cooking this)
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- Sesame oil
- Corn flour
- Salt
- Sugar

1) Marinate the prawns with sesame oil, shaoxing wine, salt, pepper, soy sauce and corn flour
2) Add diced onions, garlic and chilli padi to hot oil and fry till fragrant
3) Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter (not too much!)
4) Now add in the prawns. Pan fry them for 2-3 mins.
5) Add light soy sauce, black pepper, sugar and shaoxing wine
Done!

I am going to try and cook Assam prawns this week. I am falling in love with Assam sauce! ♥

1 comment: