Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm proud of Papa and Mama Goh!

Day 64

Papa and Mama Goh are dinosaurs when it comes to IT. Handphone is the furthest they had explored. Even for handphones, it is just to make calls. No photos, no videos, no music, too complicated they say. But they have been taking little steps. Last year, they learnt how to take pictures using a digicam and it took us so many attempts to show them how to use it before they finally took the plunge.

Before I came over, they were bugging me everyday to show them how to use Skype so that they can talk to me EVERYDAY. Yes, everyday. If I'm not home, I need to tell them beforehand or leave them a msg on Skype to let them know. Otherwise, Papa Goh will be 'bombed' by Mama Goh and he has to call me on my handphone to check on me. Mama Goh seems to think that something must have happened to me if I'm not on Skype. (Choy! Touch wood!)

Papa and Mama Goh can now switch on my desktop and log on Skype and video chat with me. Not an easy feat for 2 dinosaurs but Mama Goh wrote down every step on her notebook and I even pasted a sticker on the "on" button in case they can't find it. Recently, Papa Goh started typing messages to me over Skype and I am very impressed! Of course, he needs to work on his Spelling and Grammar but he is no longer a Dinosaur. :) One of his messages had me laughing all night. Haha. 

2 weeks ago, I got another surprise! They are now on Facebook! They got Mei to set up an account for them and now, they want to learn how to use FB! All because I am away from home, they want to be able to see the photos I took and be updated with my life. Thank you, Papa and Mama Goh. You are the best! I am so proud of you! Next, I am going to introduce Bejeweled to them and get them hooked on the game! Haha.



This had me laughing all night



2 comments:

  1. Haha... They are so cute... I wanna add them as my friends!!! Then they can see my life in Japan too!!!My daddy and mummy are s use to their daugthers not ard that they never learn to use computer and there's always one at home to help them with the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are so well travelled! They are already used to having one not around, that's the norm! haha!

    ReplyDelete