Saturday, January 1, 2011

Memories of 2010

Day 151

2010 - Probably one of the most important year in my life

Goodbye, Miss Goh.
Goodbye, Da Qiao.
Goodbye, Singapore.
Goodbye, my dearest family.

After being together for 7 years, we got married. The wedding was one big project and a special gift for our parents to thank them for bringing us up. It was not an easy journey but I am very thankful that Mr Tan held my hand and went through everything together with me. There are ups and down in our relationship but we never gave up trying. Thank you for making me Mrs Tan, baby. :)

Da Qiao is my second home. It is the first and only school that I went to ever since I became a teacher. Many said it is difficult to find friends at work but I am one lucky girl. Work can really get you down at times but with the support of the people around you, nothing is impossible to achieve. We grumble, we complain, we sulk but we also cheer, celebrate and laugh. I enjoy my work because of the people around me. Not to mention that I found my principal, my mentor, my buddy, my 'mummy' and my 'ping jie'. People that I know I can always count on when I needed help. On the day that I packed my stuff and left the school, I felt so lost. So much memories, so much laughter, so much fun. I miss school, I miss my children. I hope to be back soon. :)

For the first time in my life, I am living in a foreign country. Singapore is my homeland and this is where I grew up. We were leading a comfortable life but we wanted to experience more. It was a big decision as we had to start all over again in a foreign land that isn't really very receptive towards Asians. With no friends and family beside us, it was tough. I couldn't find a job and I am one  who would rather work than stay at home. Please let me find a job. To make things worse, the place that we are at has nothing much to offer, no culture, no history, no efficiency, nothing. Many who go overseas doesn't want to return but I am one who can't wait to return. :)

The most difficult thing to do in 2010 was to say goodbye to my dearest family on 3rd August. We have always been a close-knit family and it is tough to be away from each other. Papa and Mama are constantly worried about me and in the last few months, Mama's health seems to be going downhill. Guma is like the most, most, most precious person to me and I hate to be away from her. They devoted their lives to us, it is only right for us to be there for them when they grow old. I want to be here to take care of them and be here for them. Luckily, Bro has been stepping up and taking great care of everyone at home and I am so proud of him. He has moved on from his breakup and is now stronger than ever. He has finally grown up. :)


2010 has been an eventful year. 
Lots of fun, happiness, love and laughter.
Thank you for all the memories.
Goodbye 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment