Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - 卤面 (Lor Mee)

Day 178

 

卤面 is one of our fave food. I love anything with vinegar and 卤面 is one of those food that allows me to add lots of vinegar to it! 我就是爱吃醋...

Tonight's dinner is 卤面. I haven't been surfing the net for new recipes due to my Funshion addiction. I have cooked Braised Pork Belly before and Mr Tan commented that if I can cook that, I can cook 卤面 too. So I decided to try it out. Luckily, it turned out well as tonight's dinner is a one-meal dinner. If I fail, that means no dinner. Haha.

Ingredients  
1 Pork Belly
3 hard boiled eggs
Fish cake
Bean Sprouts
Beking Noodles

Soup
1 Knorr chicken cube
2 litres of water
4 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
6 tablespoons of light soy sauce
4 teaspoons of sugar
6 garlics
slices of ginger
1 egg (beaten)

Thickening
200ml of water
6 heaped teaspoons of corn starch

1. Bring a pot of water to boil. 
2. Blanch fish cake, bean sprouts and set them aside. 
3. Add Beking noodles to the pot and cook it for 20 seconds. Remove and set aside. 
4. Add 3 eggs to the pot of boiling water for 1 minute and turn the heat off. Cover the pot for about 20 minutes for the egg to be cooked. Remove the eggs and peel off the shell.

5. Add 2 litres of water to a pot. Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger slices. Stir well and once it boils, add the pork belly and hard boiled eggs.
6. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove the pork belly and eggs and set them aside. 
8. Discard the garlic and ginger.


 9. Add the thickening slowly and keep stirring until the soup thickens.
10. Once the soup has thicken, stir in the beaten egg.
11. Pour the soup on the noodles and tuck in!


I found the soup a little too salty but Mr Tan found it a little too sweet. Haha. But I still like it and will surely cook it again. But will probably cook make it a little less sweet to suit Mr Tan's taste buds. I am fine with anything so long as there is vinegar! yum yum yum!


2 comments:

  1. looks good! but so ma fan to cook... so many steps, and i eat alone. mb someday i will try... hah... if not u cook for me next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is the simplified version so the taste is only so-so but beggars are not choosers! hehe..
    next time when my house is here, i can cook for all of u! :)))) (if u guys are REALLY that poor and desperate for my food) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete