Sunday, January 30, 2011

Eat Out - Chillipadi

Day 180

Woke up at 12 but only managed to leave the house around 130. I have no idea what took us so long to be ready. I thought I was all ready by 1230 but somehow we weren't and by the time we got to the city, it was nearly 2. I wanted to go QV market to buy seafood but we had not had lunch. I decided to bring Mr Tan to a new place to try its Laksa. According to delaksa.com (a site that reviews laksa from various eateries), Chillipadi's version is highly recommended. It got 8/10.

When we got there, we couldn't find Chillipadi. We walked past it and didn't even know it. There was no sign at its entrance! But you can see the name very clearly along the walkway and the second time we walked past it, Mr Tan said, I think this is it. I looked at the window and there it is, the name "chillipadi".


It wasn't crowded and the waitress was very prompt in bringing us water. I like it when water is being served automatically. As we sat down, we could smell curry and Mr Tan was "seduced" by it and decided to have malaysian curry chicken ($11.95) while I ordered chicken laska ($11.95). 

 

It took about 10 minutes for the food to arrive and Mr Tan was already grumbling how it can take so long to cook 2 dishes. Luckily, the curry chicken was yum! The papadum was bigger than his face. Haha. The curry was thick and the chicken was all meat, no bones. It look small but it was actually very filling. I found the curry very flavourful but a little too salty but the most important thing is, Mr Tan enjoyed it. (no more grumbling)


My chicken laksa was HUGE. I love the fact that it had lots of veggies! Coriander, bean sprouts and shredded cucumber. You don't get coriander and shredded cucumber normally but I love coriander so I'm not complaining. I only managed to finish half of it and I was already full. The gravy was alright, not too watery and not oily. I think I prefer the one from Chatterbox, a little more flavour and a little more spicy and cheaper too.

I did like the fact that Chillipadi is clean, isn't crowded and is one of the few places that I can eat as slowly as I wish.

Chillipadi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment