Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Mini Cupcakes

Day 180


It is official. Today is the HOTTEST day in our 180 days here. 37.5 degrees at this moment and it could have shot up to 40 degrees, according to the weather forecast. Hot, hot, hot! The sun was so strong that you can feel it burning your skin as you walk in the sun.

We missed Sabrina's party yesterday as we were both feeling a little under the weather. My cramps were killing me and Mr Tan was having the runs. To make up for it, I decided to surprise her with some mini cupcakes.


The chocolate cake mix mixed really quickly with the water and oil and my automatic "blender" aka TCL finished the job in no time. The mini cupcakes were so cute and I really like the colourful cups - the main reason why I bought the premix. Haha. 

After putting them into the oven for 15 minutes, they were done! But I think I baked them for too long and the cupcakes turned out to be too dry and too hard. For the icing, I followed the instructions to add 3 teaspoons of water but it was still a little too powdery and thus I added another 2 teaspoons to make it smoother. Despite that, the icing was neither smooth nor moist and it didn't harden. The chocolate rice wasn't the smooth and oil-coated ones that I'm used to having and of course, I added my fave nuts.
 
My automatic "blender"

End result: Edible cupcakes but I'm not sure if I still want to give them to Sabrina as a surprise. It might still be a surprise, but I'm not sure if it will be a nice surprise. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment