Saturday, January 29, 2011

Eat Out - TGI Fridays

Day 179


Sabrina's birthday falls on 31 January and we headed out for dinner tonight to celebrate her Big 30! Been cracking my brain to think of what to get her and finally decided on buying her something from Mango. Supposed to go QV market today but 大姨妈 came to visit and she brought cramps with her. Was feeling so uncomfortable the whole day but still dragged myself out as I really needed to get something for Sabrina. Finally bought a scarf for her from Mango and we headed to TGI Friday's for her birthday dinner.

It was not crowded when we reached there at about 715 and we got a table immediately. Both Sabrina and I wanted to try the Jack Daniel's Pork Ribs ($34.95) as they look so damn good in the picture. Mr Tan ordered his steak and onion rings ($30.95). It took a while for the food to arrive and the portion was huge.

 

The pork ribs were disappointing. The kitchen did a shabby job at grilling the ribs. Ribs that are well grilled are soft and juicy. But the ones we had were dry and firm. Both Sabrina and I had a hard time trying to get the meat off. This was supposed to be their famous Jack Daniel's ribs and it was stated on the menu that they will be cooked to fall-off-the-bone tender. Rubbish. Also, other than sweetness, there was no other taste to speak of. The ribs that I had from Meat and Wine Co. are way superior than this. I don't eat steak so can't comment about Mr Tan's food.

We ordered 3 desserts to share, New York Cheesecake ($11.95), Chocolate Malted Turtle ($10.95) and Brownie Obsession ($11.95). The first time we came TGI Friday's for desserts, we were absolutely blown away by Brownie Obession and Friday's Outrageous. Sadly, the desserts failed to impress us today. The serving for the cheesecake was small and the tiny strawberry was pathetic. The cheesecake wasn't smooth and I couldn't really taste the cheese in it.


The Chocolate Malted Turtle wasn't nice. It said there are 3 layers of choco fudge cake, but I could only taste chocolate cake, where are the 3 layers?? The malt was too sweet and after a while, I only ate the ice cream.


Finally the Brownie Obession. The only dessert that tasted alright. Not sure if we were affected by the alcohol the first time we were here, but the desserts that we had that night were really yummy. Tonight's desserts simply didn't make the cut. 


Though the food was disappointing, the company was great. This is the first part of Sabrina's birthday celebrations, we are having a surprise party for her tomorrow! I'm so excited about it! 



T.G.I Friday's on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Your fren's bdae is on 31st Jan or Dec?
    I oso celebratedd my fren's birthday today... went down to Oita City for French food (lunch) and dinner we had INDIAN food!!! (nan and curry)... totally miss indian food.... hee... French food was interesting as well.. tmr going for organic food... today eat too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. french food? never tried before though I had been there..haha..what did u eat? snails?

    I'm having craving for indian food too! I'm searching for indian restaurants to go to..i miss fish head curry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st time at french restaurant too.. according to my fren who styed in France b4, french food is no good... hah... but jap french food is not bad...will post photos soon...

    indian curry is good!!!and nan!!

    i definitely over-eat yesterday.

    today i went for organic food buffet, oso very very good...

    tis weekend ate too much..

    ReplyDelete