Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eat Out - Tom Phat (Fusion)

Day 166

Sabrina came to pick us up for lunch today and we exchanged "presents" in the car! Not presents exactly. I helped her to get some stuff from SG and she helped me to get some stuff from US. She was telling me how much she shopped in the US and everything was so cheap that she didn't have enough time to finish her shopping. Tiffany & Co., Victoria Secrets, Coach, Banana Republic, etc etc etc. ENVY! ENVY! ENVY!

She suggested having lunch at Tom Phat, a restaurant that serves fushion food and has received many rave reviews. I checked out Urbanspoon and saw that everyone was raving about how wonderful the food is. That certainly made me very eager to visit but I have learnt that one man's meat might be another man's poison. 

Tom Phat is in Brunswick and it was crowded when we reached there. We sat at the communal table and ordered food immediately. It was past one o'clock and Mr Tan was starving!

Uncle Ho's breakfast for Mr Tan, 
Roti Omelette for Sabrina &
Chiang Mai Curry Noodles for Me :)

Uncle Ho's breakfast ($15.90) is grilled pork chop with crispy egg and rice. Mr Tan and I found the pork chop to be rather dry and hard. We didn't like it. The crispy egg had sliced red chilli pieces in it and though it was oily, it tasted good.


Sabrina loves the roti omelette ($12.90) and that is the main reason why we went there for lunch. Roti at the bottom, topped with wok fried scrambled eggs with bacon, chives and tomato salsa. Many have raved about how yummy this dish is but I thought it was nice, but not exceptionally delicious.


The most disappointing dish had to be the Chiang Mai Curry Noodles ($12.90) that I had. The noodles portion was pathetic and Mr Tan ate the majority of it when we swopped plates and I was feeling so unsatisfied at the end of the meal. The chicken pieces were breast meat and they were hard and dry.


Though the food was less than satisfying, I had a great time catching up with Sabrina! :)

Tom Phat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment