Saturday, January 22, 2011

Eat Out - Xiaoting Box

Day 174

Watched "Castle" till 6 this morning and only woke up only at 130. By the time we left the house and headed to Richmond, it was nearly 3. 

Our mission - to look for the small, spicy chillies that Mr Tan loves. I used to get them from this Asian grocer at South Melbourne but the last time I went there, the uncle told me that it is out of stock and he is not sure when or even if new stock is arriving. :(

Before we could start our mission, we need to fill our stomachs. Destination - Xiaoting Box. It is quite rare to find Chinese restaurant in Richmond - Little Vietnam. Lots of viet restaurants, viet butchers, viet grocers and of course, lots of vietnamese. I am craving for dumplings (Mr Tan says dumplings are just the side, my real craving is the vinegar) and so headed over to Xiaoting Box for some.

1 thing I like about Xiaoting Box is that it is not crowded, which means I can take my time to eat. There is no one to pressure me and the place is not chaotic. Prices are cheap and the food is alright. As it was already late, we only ordered 红油水饺 ($7) and Nasi Goreng ($8.80).  

Their version of 红油水饺 comes with soup. Mr Tan commented that it is 味精汤 but seriously, for $7, I am not expecting much. The dumplings are big and they are generous with the filling. Can't remember how many there are in the bowl but I think there is 8 or more. 辣辣的饺子加上醋 = 我超爱!!我可以每天吃!我超爱吃醋!哈哈哈哈。。。


The Nasi Goreng was too oily but it was probably not wise to order this at a Chinese restaurant. It wasn't spicy, but tasted a little sweet instead. I must say though, they are generous with the ingredients. The next time I visit, I will try the recommended dish - 上海炒面. Yes, I will be back. :)


Xiaoting Box on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment