Saturday, December 11, 2010

Walk The Sambal Kampung Fats Off

Day 131

We did lots of walking today. We walked to the city for lunch, we walked home from the city, we walked to Peko Peko for dinner, we walked to Coles and we walked home. The reason? Not to save money but hoping that it will help me to lose some fats. I weighed myself at Big W yesterday and realised that I had gained back the weight that I lost when I first came here! Damn! I need to lose them. The skipping rope that Papa and Mama sent was too short and I couldn't really skip with it. I need to buy one when I go back this Dec.

It took us about 20-25 minutes to walk to Sambal Kampung for lunch. I wanted to try their Curry Laksa after reading about it. A blogger who loves laksa has been trying out laksa at different eateries and apparently, Sambal Kampung serves a pretty good one. Mr Tan and I had been to Sambal Kampung when we visited Melbourne years ago and I also brought Mrs Yeo there when we came last year.

The curry laksa was pretty good but I would love it with more soup and a little more ingredients. The chicken pieces were really tiny, it was more like chicken bits. I do hope that they are more generous with the ingredients. That being said, I did like the soup and slurped up every drop of it.


Mr Tan had the chicken curry noodles. We were both a little surprise when it was served. It was not the soupy curry noodles that we were expecting. It was egg noodles with curry chicken. He found the curry chicken to be delicious and though the noodle serving wasn't huge, they were generous with the chicken. It managed to fill him up. :)


After a satisfying lunch, we walked back and I had bubble tea. So much for the walk. Sigh.
Sambal Kampung on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment