Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary, Papa and Mama

Day 122

Last Sunday (农历十月二三) was Papa and Mama Goh's 30th wedding anniversary. 

My Papa might not be very handsome but he is definitely not ugly. Bro and I are the evidence. Haha. He might not be very rich but he earns enough to give us a comfortable life. We never had to worry about money. He might not be the most loving husband who showers Mama with hugs and kisses but he is always there when Mama needed support and encouragement. Most importantly, he puts Mama and us before everything else in the world.

In my Papa's eyes, my Mama is THE best. My Ah Gong did not like Papa and objected to their relationship initially but Mama stood by Papa. She might be impatient and will patiently wait for Papa at his shop (she might show a black face but she will not leave). She might not whispers sweet nothings to Papa but she takes care of his everything. She is not a 小鸟依人 but a 女强人 who worked hard with Papa to build the family. She supports Papa in her own quiet way.

Both Papa and Mama have come a long way. Since it is their 30th wedding anniversary, the gift definitely has to be something special. Papa and Mama Goh have almost everything. Bro and I have been working hard to check items off their wish list. Currently, we are left with, a bungalow, a new diamond studded Rolex and a new car. Hmmm...give us another 10 years. We will work hard! Haha. 

Bro and I cracked our brains to think of a special gift for them. Finally, we decided to buy this for them. To date, this is the most expensive gift that Bro has bought for them. He told Mama, 你看到这个礼物,你会"lau ba sai" (hokkien), 因为你们的礼物,我的wallet "lao sai"(hokkien). When Mama told me what he said, I couldn't stop laughing.

It was delivered to our place on Tuesday and Bro immediately msg me to say that he got a scolding from Papa. Bro was really upset as Papa said that it was a waste of money. Oh no. This is what we feared. I told Bro that perhaps Papa felt that it was too expensive and knowing him, he doesn't know how to say things nicely. He meant well. I told Bro I will skype with Papa and Mama later at night to talk to them. Hopefully I won't get a scolding.

Papa was smiling when I answered the video call! Haha. The power of moi! I explained to him that it was their 30th wedding anniversary and it is not something that everyone gets to celebrate. So the gift must be something that is big and memorable. Moreover, it is something that Bro and I specially chose for them. Of course, he was smiling all these while. Haha. He told me that he thought the gift cost $4-5k and he felt that it was too heavy a burden for us to bear. When he got home and saw the invoice for $2380, he realised it was actually not very expensive! Haha. The minute Mama stepped into the room, she "scolded" me for buying such an expensive gift. So I repeated what I just said to Papa to her. Now everyone is happy!

What to know what we bought them?

Presenting OTO Cyber-Indulge!



Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary Papa and Mama!

1 comment: