Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Day 3 - Bro's Super Painful Ordeal

Day 142

Wakeup call at 830am
Make our way to Camden Medical Centre at 910am
Reached Clinic at 940am
Ordeal started at 10am

Bro went for his operation this morning to extract 8 teeth. EIGHT. His teeth has been growing all over the place and with his wisdom tooth making their appearances, there just isn't enough space in his small mouth to house all of them.

He had to be put under GA for his teeth extraction and just the thought of extracting 8 teeth sent a shiver down my spine. As he was in the room, Mama and I waited and waited. It was a 2 hour wait.

The sight that greeted us was horrifying. He was biting on the gauze and they were all red. Filled with blood. The first 2 words he uttered were, Fucking Pain. I could see his eyes welling up with tears. I cannot imgaine the pain. I only had 2 of my wisdom tooth extracted and I refused to extract the other 2 as I don't wish to go through the pain ever again. You can't eat, you can't drink, you can't talk and you can't even swallow your saliva properly. When I had mine extracted, I could still use the other side of my mouth to chew my food but for him, the extractions are EVERYWHERE. I salute Bro. He's the MAN.

Hopefully the ice packs will help to reduce the swelling and the pain. This is only the first part of his ordeal. He will be putting on braces a few weeks from now and he will be going through the pain all over again. The price to pay to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment