Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Day 7 - Dim Sum & Family Gathering

Day 146


Ever since I came back, I have been talking about having dim sum and finally we had it today. Mama had a $25 Tung Lok voucher and we headed to Central - the current fave for Papa and Mama. It was packed when we reached and because we didn't make any reservations, we had to join in the queue. We were told by the not-so-friendly receptionist that we had to wait until about 230pm for a table. As Papa and Mama know one of the captains there, Papa asked the recep if that captain was working today. She simply said yes and turned away. Papa then asked her if the last order was at 230pm as we were told on the phone. She ignored Papa's question and that left Papa very "buay song". Luckily the captain saw us and came forward to meet Papa and Mama. With her help, our wait was shortened from 45 minutes to a mere 15 minutes. Sweet. We had the usual fare, 烧卖,虾饺,叉烧酥,XO 萝卜糕. My fave 虾仁肠粉 was sold out. :( The food was good but certainly not the best.

Compliments from the captain
Guess what we did when we came home? Everyone slept! Except Mr Tan. The hours were too precious for him to sleep. He was busy playing WOW. We met Jiejie(Huiyan) and family for dinner at Crystal Jade. Papa initially wanted to bring a bottle of wine there to drink with 姑丈 but Crystal Jade doesn't have a liquor license so no liquor is allowed and anyway, 姑丈 had prior engagement (游干泳) so he wasn't able to join us for dinner too. It was great chatting and catching up with everyone. Ah Boy (my cousin) is getting married next year in November and they were asking if I will be back for his wedding. Well, I can't be sure, if I can get cheap air ticket and I am not working, why not? 到时再说吧. Thank you Jiejie and Jiefu for the dinner!

Bro didn't join us as he was still on a porridge diet. He bought me a surprise though! My first Koi since I touched down! I am a happy girl! :))) Best bro in the world!


I have been spending lots of time with Papa and Mama and it has really been wonderful. Papa is so chatty and Mama is smiling more than before. I will certainly miss them when 7 Jan comes. It's so difficult to say goodbye again.

No comments:

Post a Comment