Friday, December 3, 2010

8 Months and counting!

Day 123

The 3rd of every month is our special day.
3rd April = I Do
3rd August = A Great Leap
I bought Mr Tan a gift some time back and saved it for today. I am very sure he will like it. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The game will be released on 7 Dec worldwide and I pre-ordered it for him. But it wasn't really a surprise as he had guessed it. Damn!


We went Dessert House for dinner as I miss their 椒盐鸡排. Sadly, tonight's dinner was a letdown. Mr Tan ordered Tom Yum Seafood Noodles, I ordered the Fried Kway Teow in XO Sauce and we ordered 椒盐鸡排 without rice to share.


The Tom Yum Seafood Noodles ($9.30) came first. They were generous with the noodles but I can't say the same for the ingredients. Prawns, squids, fish fillets and fishcakes added up to less than 8 pieces. I don't mind having less ingredients if the food is tasty but the soup was not spicy and tasted average at best. We should stick to having Tom Yum at Thai restaurants.


Next came 椒盐鸡排 ($9.30). This is my fave dish and this is the reason why I decide to dine at Dessert House tonight. Somehow, it didn't taste as good as it used to. Previously, the chicken was always fried to perfection-crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside. Tonight's chicken was a little too salty and the chicken was a little dry and hard. :(


We waited quite a while for my Fried Kway Teow in XO Sauce ($9.80). When it arrived, I wsa very disappointed. Where is the seafood? I can only see kway teow and more kway teow. There was hardly any egg and the whole plate of kway teow was just so bland. I ate one third of it and gave up.

Tonight's dinner was such a disappointment. Neither Mr Tan nor I were satisfied and I doubt I will be going back. The search for a new fave eatery has began.

Pancake Dessert House Eatery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. i am cooking yam kueh now... not sure how it will turn out... still steaming...

    ReplyDelete