Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Day 2 - Shopping and 搓汤圆

Day 141

Shopping at Bugis Street was a letdown. They seem to be selling the same clothes I saw four months ago and nothing really caught my eye. In the end, I only bought a skirt and a shirt. I headed over to Bugis to continue shopping but didn't manage to buy a single thing there. Shopping is tiring when I don't buy stuff. Time for tea break!

 
 

After filling my stomach, I am ready for the Round 2 of shopping. Tampines! It seems like everyone is our shopping and everywhere is crowded. I still can't find anything that i like. Boo-hoo-hoo..Is it me or is it the clothes? Walk, pause, look, nope, walk, pause, look, nope. This cycle carried on for dono how long when I managed to buy something! Ta-dah~ My shopping mission isn't going too well. I think I should find a tailor instead. Haha.


As I was having dinner with Mama and Papa, Papa made a few really sweet comments. First he said that ever since I came home, the house seems to be livelier. Then he told Mama, 女儿才回来两天,我就胖了. Yes, I am his little princess. :)

Tomorrow is 冬至, so tonight we are going to 搓汤圆. As usual, Mama will kneed the dough while Papa and I will help her to make them into 汤圆. Bro was supposed to be back to do it with us but he had a hot date and of course, girls are more important than us. Papa was really proud of the 汤圆 that he made, he said they are big and round. Mama told him that they are too big and they will expand even more after cooking but Papa said, 一家人团圆,当然要大粒啦. I love to eat 汤圆, especially these tradtional ones that have no filling. I will dip them in 花生粉, super yummy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment