Saturday, December 4, 2010

Eat Out - Old Town Kopitiam - Mamak (Malaysian and Singaporean Hawker Fare) 2nd Visit

Day 124

Today was a fulfilling day for me as I went shopping and actually managed to buy something! Poor Mr Tan had to accompany me today but luckily, he had iPhone to keep him entertained. Luckily for him, the shops here close at 6. We were supposed to meet Shyan and Sabrina for dinner but Sabrina was having hay fever so we decided to postpone it to next week and make it a farewell dinner for Shyan who is going back to Malaysia for good in Dec.

I suggested going Old Town for dinner and immediately I thought of asking Jasmine to join us as she really enjoys their food and never fails to finish everything on her plate. This is rare for Jasmine who at most eats half of her food.

Jasmine ordered their Hainanese Chicken Rice ($9.90) and Soya Bean with Grass Jelly, Mr Tan ordered Biryani Rice with Curry Chicken, Fried Chicken and Curry Lamb ($12) and Teh Tarik and I decided to have their signature dish, Maggie Goreng ($8.50) and Ice Lychee. We also ordered a plate of Fried Carrot Cake ($9.90) to share.

True enough, Jasmine finished her plate of Hainanese Chicken Rice. This is the first time that I have seen Jasmine clean her plate! She really loves the food here!


Mr Tan's fried chicken was a fried chicken drumstick and the serving for the curry chicken was so much more than what we had when we did a take-away. The servings were huge and Mr Tan was so so full after the meal.


I didn't like the Maggie Goreng. It was too salty and was not spicy. It was cheap but I wouldn't order it again if I return. The Carrot Cake tasted salty and I did not take a fancy to it. I seriously have no idea why Mr Tan and Jasmine love the food here so much. I will try the other Old Town Kopitiam where I will try their stir-fry dishes while Mr Tan enjoys their curry.



Old Town Kopitiam Mamak (QV Square) on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. SO Singapore!!! Old TOwn!!! I only have Old Town Hazelnut instant coffee... Singaore coffee is bette than Japan coffee...Tho Japan coffee got more flavours like strawberry latte and matcha latte and Monblanc latte...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food not nice, don't know why but beginning to find that the food here is always so salty and they don't seem to taste as nice anymore.
    Can't wait to go back and FEAST FEAST FEAST!
    Japanese love to come up with new stuff so there will have many different flavours. SG is happy with our Kopi-O, Kopi-Si, Kopi-Siu-Dai. Haha.

    ReplyDelete