Friday, July 22, 2011

My Second Home

Day 353
21st July 2011

Went back to my 2nd home today. It feels great to be back although things have changed quite abit. New faces, new initiatives and new relationships. Thankfully, the people I care about dearly are still the same. :)

Everyone is super busy with the preparations for this Saturday's big event - DQPS's 30th Anniversary cum Open House. Not sure if I'll be able to be there this Saturday (dreaded wisdom tooth surgery on Friday) but I do hope I'll be able to make it to help out. It was nice catching up with friends even though they said I've put on weight. Sigh. I tried to lose it but it's just so difficult to continue my diet when I'm here. There's yummy food  everywhere! After this, there's Japan. I guess I can only resume my diet when I return to Melbourne. I seriously need to lose weight.  

But something else made my day today. A gift from Caihe and Baohe. It's not the present that's important, it's the thought that really made my day. Caihe came back to school last year during Teachers' Day with the intention of passing me the gift but I was already in Melbourne then so the office kept it for me. He also came back the year before to give me a gift on Teachers' Day. That's how sweet he is.

Students are taught by new teachers every year and usually they only remember their Primary 6 teachers. I teach the lower primary students and chances are by the time they get to P6, they can vaguely remember I was once their teacher. Words can't express how warm and touched I felt when I received Caihe's gift the year before and today again. The year before, I also received Song Yien's (another ex-student) gift on Teachers' Day. She got her sister to pass it to me and it totally made my day.  To be remembered and appreciated by the students is the best gift I can ever ask for. Thank you for making me feel special. :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet kids... My students made my day today too... Feel so sad to be leaving... I hope i will see them again...

    ReplyDelete