Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Fried Chicken Wings (Kentury Premix)

Day 334

It's no secret that both Mr Tan and I are HUGE fans of KFC. KFC is always comfort food for both of us and whichever country we go to, we would definitely seek out KFC as every country have a few unique items on their menu. For eg, Hong Kong's KFC serves waffle fries and mushrooms on rice while Thailand's KFC serves Green Curry Fried Chicken with rice and tuna salad. I love KFC's Wicked Wings to bits! If I don't have to worry about my weight, I would have them everyday! Mr Tan had them for lunch almost everyday when he was working in Jemena. If he was given a choice, he would rather have KFC than the food I cook. But who could blame him? I would have gone with KFC too. Haha. 

Mr Tan came across this pack of Kentury Premix at Asian Grocer last week and said he would use it to make fried chicken wings for me. Well, we made it today, but guess who did the cooking? Me! All he did was help to coat the chicken wings. The "dangerous" part of frying them was left to me and one stupid drop of oil hit me on my eyelid. Painful! I had a tissue that was soaked in icy cold water plastered to my eyelid for the next hour. Should have just bought my Wicked Wings! Thankfully the chicken wings were tasty, although they looked nothing like the picture on the box, they were still good. Still thinking if we should buy the "Spicy" version to try because KFC, is only less than 10 mins away from our place.

Ingredients
- 1 pack of Kobe Kentury Premix (contains marinate and frying powder)
- 6 chicken wings
- 8 tablespoons of water
- Oil

Directions
1. Clean and cut chicken wings at the joints. Place all chicken wings into a big freezer bag
2. Add the marinate powder and 2 tablespoons of water into the bag
3. Toss and ensure that all chicken wings are coasted with the marinate
4. Tie the bag and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes (I leave them overnight)
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of frying powder and 6 tablespoons of water in a bowl to form a batter (I added 1 big heap of the frying powder and the batter was still watery)
6. Remove chicken wings from the bag and dip them in the batter
7. Coat them in the frying powder and press the flour onto the chicken wings
8. Fry them for 3 minutes on each side over medium heat and another 1 minute over high heat
9. Serve with my fave Thai sweet chilli sauce!


3 comments:

  1. bought this from the asian grocer along russell street in the city. think it costs only $1.20, really cheap!

    ReplyDelete