Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family Day!

Day 356
24th July 2011

The right side of my face is SWOLLEN. It looks as if I have a fishball, a very big one, in my mouth. But I still went for dim sum with Papa and Mama Goh, Bro, Guma, Jie, Jiefu and Ting Ting at Crystal Jade. It's the last Sunday that I have. Will be in Japan for the next 2 Sundays and then I'll be going back to Melbourne. Time flies. I've been back for a week already and I'm flying off to Japan next Saturday night. Sigh. Now that I'm back, I just want to spend more time with them.

Anyway, my face is so swollen that I get stares from strangers as I walked around Vivocity this afternoon. I can't bite or chew very well so I avoided all fried stuff but I still managed to eat most of the dim sum. Food was average but the service was rather bad. A few of our food items were left out and did not arrive until we were about to leave. The waiting time between dishes was too long. The guys were full from the waiting and needless to say, Papa Goh was still feeling hungry after dim sum.

Suggested to go Clementi Food Centre for some food since Papa and Mama Goh have never been there before. Papa Goh had a bowl of wanton noodles, some satay and swee kueh. The food was good, even Papa Goh felt that it was good, perhaps because I'm there. Haha. It was nice spending time with them. Mama Goh said she'll take a few days off before I go back to Melbourne to go shopping with me. Now I'm thinking of coming back again in December. It's always difficult to say goodbye to your loved ones. Sigh. 

Jie and Jiefu brought Ting Ting to our place for dinner and it's great to have dinner with all of them. I can't eat much, I can't talk much but it's the company that matters most to me. Nothing beats having your family around you. I can't wait to be home......

No comments:

Post a Comment