Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Angry Gin!

Day 351
19th July 2011

Bought a new hi-card but I'm unable to use it! Mr Tan said he thought he had called 3 previously to request for it but I guess he had remembered wrongly. I feel so handicapped without a phone!! But that's not the thing that made me blow my top today.

I went to the dentist today to book an appointment for the extraction of my wisdom tooth and was told by the nurse that I can actually do it today! The dentist is free this afternoon and I would be able to see him in half an hour's time. I wasn't mentally prepared for it but well, it has to be extracted anyway and thus I went for it. Had my lunch and waited for half an hour in my car before returning to the clinic. It was now packed but the nurse told me I'm the next in line. I waited for 30 minutes before it was my turn. 

I only wanted to extract the lower wisdom tooth but the dentist convinced me to extract the upper one as well for peace of mind. Fine. I was given local anesthetic twice to numb the upper and lower area. Then I was told to wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins for the anesthesia to kick in before the dentist will extract my teeth. I waited and waited and waited and waited. The four patients who came after me went in for tooth extraction, filling of teeth, cleaning of teeth and I'm still sitting there waiting for my turn. I waited for over an hour and I was getting furstrated. I asked the nurse again and again and she kept saying, it'll be my turn soon. 

Then, she passed me the Medisave form to fill in so that I can withdraw money from it for my extraction. I asked her how much was my extraction and she said it'll cost $200 for the lower wisdom tooth and $880 for the upper one! I told hter that's really expensive and I only paid $600 when I extracted my upper tooth perviously. Guess what she said? "Oh, now CPF allows up to $1280 for the wisdom tooth extraction, so don't worry about the cost. You can still claim. Actually you cannot claim for the lower one, but because you are extracting the upper one, we'll just write it in together." Can't claim for the extraction of the lower wisdom tooth? It makes no sense at all but now I know why they increased the prices and why the dentist told me to extract the upper one as well. I completed the form and handed it back to her and went back to my seat to WAIT again.

Then, she asked the fifth patient who came after me to go into the room and that was the last straw. I told her I'm not waiting anymore. I went to the washroom to wash my face and rinsed my mouth. Then I stormed out of the clinic without paying a single cent. I WAS INFURIATED. I WAS SUPER PISSED. No matter how good his skills are, I swear I'm NEVER stepping into the clinic again. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment