Monday, July 11, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Spicy Korean Seafood and Tofu Soup

Day 343


Usually when we eat out, we'll go for something that I can't replicate at home, like sashimi, sushi, Japanese bbq, Korean bbq, Indonesian grilled food and western cuisine. I've never had more Japanese and Korean food in my life until I came here. I really love the spicy Korean soup and would often lament about the lack of ingredients when I order it at restaurants. The solution? Cook it at home! Of course, I used premix for the soup and it's so easy and de-li-ci-ous! Yum!

Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of Korean Hot Bean Paste
- 1 teaspoon of Knor Chicken Powder
- Peeled prawns (deveined and tail intact)
- Crabsticks
- Button mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- Eggs
- 1 block of tofu (halved)
- 800ml of water

Directions
1. Bring water to boil in a pot
2. Add chicken powder and hot bean paste to the boiling water and stir well
3. Tuwn the heat down to medium high and add onions, mushrooms and prawns
4. Once prawns turn pink, add crabsticks and tofu into pot and stir gently to prevent the tofu from breaking
5. Crack egg into the pot, stir gently and let it cook for about 45 seconds and it's time for dinner!


2 comments:

  1. I have been subscribing your blog for last couple of months. I found it from Urbanspoon I remember.
    And this article was quite interesting! It looks better than mine. :) It's always good to see people into Korean food. Maybe we can meet up someday and have Korean food together! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zin, thanks for your comment. :)
    Since coming here, I've fallen in love with Jap and Korean food. Do share with me if you have Jap or Korean recipes. It would be fun if we meet up for food!

    ReplyDelete