Friday, July 15, 2011

Eat Out - City Grill Room

Day 347

Last night in Melbourne! This time tomorrow, I'll be sitting on a plane homeeeeee. I can't wait! Went for dinner after packing our luggage and my bag was OVERWEIGHT because of all the chocolates and food that I'm bringing home for family and friends. Mr Tan wasn't too happy with all these stuff, we had initially planned to bring our small luggages but now we had to use our super huge luggages. Well, this is probably the last time I'm bringing these stuff back. Seriously, Singapore has EVERYTHING and I really only buy tokens for people that I care about and that isn't too many. But I know my parents, they would be delighted if I bring tokens back for them to give to relatives and friends so I'll be good. The last thing I want is for them to nag at me throughout my entire stay for NOT bringing tokens home. My luggage is SERIOUSLY heavy. No more next time.

Dinner tonight was at City Grill room. It's a little out of place and coupled with the fact that the temperature tonight was 5 degrees, the walk there seemed especially long. It was crowded and really noisy. For some reason, everyone was talking at the top of their voices and Mr Tan and I had to practically shout to be heard. The service was top-notch though. Always with a great smile. If not for the noise level, Mr Tan and I would certainly be back. Great service always makes us repeat customers.

Tonight's menu
Black Tiger Prawn Kebab
Pork Spare Ribs
Wagyu Beef Burger


The prawn kebab was rather pricey, 6 pieces for $13.80 but I was in such a good mood that I didn't really care. I'm not the one paying anyway, haha. The prawns were really delicious, they were crunchy and grilled to perfection. It was served with garlic sauce but they taste just as good on their own. Writing about them is making me drool!


The pork spare ribs though was a letdown. Meat and Wine Co. is still the best. Probably something to do with the sauce that they use and how they grill it. The meat didn't fall off the bones!

 

The wagyu burger was served with chunky chips and fried onions. I love the fried onions! The burger received the thumbs up from Mr Tan. It was really filling and by the time he finished the burger, he could barely eat the fries and fried onions. But fret not, I saved the day, only for the fried onions though. I finished all the fried onions. Yummmmmmmm!

Goodbye Melbourne, see you in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment