Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - 榨菜汤

Day 337


Mr Tan's favourite soup - 榨菜汤. I've never had this soup before and didn't really know how it should taste. It's really tough to cook something you've never had before but he likes it, so I cook it. I didn't get the taste right the last few times I cooked it but I think I'm finally geting it right.

Ingredients
- 1 packet of 榨菜
- Pork ribs
- 1/2 stick of carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1 potato
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 800ml of water

Directions
1. Remove 榨菜 from the packet and save the marinate in the packet for later
2. Rinse the 榨菜 under running water for a few seconds and cut them into thick slices
3. Cut the carrot, onion and potato into chunks
4. Blanch the pork ribs for 5 minutes and drain them
5. Place pork ribs, carrots, onions, potato, garlic cloves and 榨菜 into a pot
6. Add 800ml of water into the pot and bring it to a boil
6. Cook the soup over high heat for another 15 minutes and then simmer over low heat for another 20 minutes
7. Add the marinate from the packet into the soup and the soup should taste just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment