Monday, July 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Day 348
16th July 2011

Boarded our plane and was really glad that there was no one sitting beside us! 3 seats for the 2 of us which means I can lie down to catch some zZz. The food kinda sucks, especially the 2nd meal. Choose between a pie, chocolate bars or fruits. The miserable pie was handed out to us on napkins and there was no drinks to go with it. Sucks big time. After more than 7 hours, we're finally HOME! Sweeeeeeeeeet!

As usual, Papa and Mama Goh, Guma, Xiaogu, Mei, Ah Jie and Jiefu insisted on coming to the airport to fetch us but I really didn't want to bother everyone, especially when our arrival time is 12am in the morning so I told a BIG lie to Papa and Mama Goh. Got Bro to collaborate my story to say that I'm only reaching on Sunday 12pm. Haha. Needless to say, they didn't suspect anything, until they heard my MIL telling them that we're arriving on Sunday 6am. Well, Mr Tan wanted to go meet his MJ khakis so he lied to her about our arrival time. The elders were chatting and somehow, they got really confused about when we're arriving. Mama Goh panicked and called Bro around 12 plus to confirm our arrival time when I was already sitting comfortably in my car going for my dim sum supper at Geylang with him and his en-en. LOL. We had dropped Mr Tan halfway for him to cab to his MJ khaki's place at Jurong West. MJ is his top priority, food and sleep can wait.

We got home around 2am and despite Bro's repeated knocks, Papa and Mama Goh didn't open their door until I announced my "arrival" at their door. Heard Papa's voice immediately and ta-dah! Surprise! Surprise! :) Mama Goh told Bro that she'll never trust him again. LOL.

Chatted with Bro all the way until it was nearly 5. Feel GREAT to be HOME! :)))

Day 349
17th July 2011

Before last Tuesday, Bro and I had great plans for today. We wanted to have dim sum at Taste Paradise and then sing KTV at Teo Heng, to celebrate my homecoming as well as him getting a job. But tragedy struck and Po Po (Mr Tan's grandma) passed away last Tuesday and all plans were put on hold to attend Po Po's wake. This is the last thing we can do to show our love and respect for Po Po. Papa and Mama Goh, Guma and Xiaogu have been going for the wake during the last few days and I'm really thankful for what they did. They might not know Mr Tan's family well but they really made an effort to show that they care. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. ♥

Day 350
18th July 2011

Today is Po Po's funeral. Mama Goh took leave and attended it with Guma. I hate deaths. The thought of someone disappearing from the face of the Earth permanently saddens me. It can be so sudden, leaving you with no chance to even say goodbye, leaving you with no chance to say how much you love him or her. To me, nothing is more important in this world than spending time with the ones you love.  Money spent today can be earned again. Love lost today can be found someday. Trust broken today can be rebuild one day. But time lost is gone forever. Nothing can bring it back. Saw this quote on Bro's Wall today. Found it really meaningful.

At 3 years old, "Mum, I love you"
At 10 years old, "Mum whatever"
At 16 years old, "My Mum is so annoying"
At 18 years old, "I'm leaving this house,Mum"
At 25 years old, "Mum, you were right"
At 30 years old, "Mum, can I go over your place for dinner?"
At 50 years old, "I don't wana lose you, Mum"
At 70 years old,  "I'd give up everything to have Mum here with me"

It's not just about mums, it's about everyone that you love and care for. Don't wait till it's too late to show how much you love and care for them. Every moment spent with them is a precious memory added to your life and their lifes. Cherish every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment