Saturday, July 9, 2011

Eat Out - Nasi Lemak House

Day 341

Had been wanting to eat at Nasi Lemak House for weeks but something always crop up. Finally, we went there today. It was quite a distance from the city and Mr Tan hates to travel for food. He couldn't stop grumbling along the whole journey there. "Is the food really that good?" "Is it worth the distance?" "They all taste the same, don't they?" It irked me when he didn't stop even after we got there. I couldn't stand it but I didn't lose my temper, I told him very NICELY that I only get to lunch out with him once a week and I really hope he can just take it as accompanying me and be NICE. It worked. No more complaints until he went to order the food.

Nasi Lemak House is small and was packed when we got there. All except 1 table was occupied by Asians. Good sign. But the service was really terrible. Mr Tan went to order the food and he came back with another complaint, this time, about the service. The staff's face was BLACK and he had a really bad attitude. Food was brought to our table with a black face and he didn't even acknowledge me when I thanked him. Oh well, he's probably unhappy about having to work on a Saturday. 



Thankfully the sambal chilli saved the day. It was really spicy and it's difficult to get spicy chilli here. Most chillies dishes have been "Australianised" and are rarely spicy. Imagine our joy when we get really spicy food. Mr Tan finished the whole plate of Nasi Lemak because of the sambal chilli. He loves his chillies. The ikan bilis and peanuts were crunchy and yum. I found the egg to be overcooked. I prefer my egg yolk to be slightly runny, but that's just me. The only downside was the chicken drumstick. It was rather hard and tasteless though the inside of the drumstick was quite tender. We probably wouldn't return, unless my ears are willing to sacrifice themselves for my stomach. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment