Saturday, July 23, 2011

Miscommunication ruins the day

Day 354
22nd July 2011

Was supposed to do my surgery today but had to postpone it because of some miscommunication. I called the clinic this morning to say that I would be opting for local anesthesia and thought that there won't be a need to fast since I'm going for LA. So I had a very satisfying and full meal with Mr Tan at 2pm. I'm so enjoying SG's food. I can feel my pants getting tighter by the day. Damn.

After lunch, Mr Tan accompanied me to the clinic - the same clinic that Bro went to last year to extract 8 of his teeth - for the surgery. Mama Goh wanted to come along but I told her not to in case she wants to pay for it. This trip home has been an extremely expensive one for me. The house, the Japan trip and this surgery. My savings are depleting fast! Anyway, I reached the clinic at 330pm and saw the dentist - Dr Shaun Goh, at 4pm. He explained the extraction process, which included cutting, sawing, drilling and sewing and advised me to go for general anesthesia. But I DIDN'T fast!!! Sigh. There's no way I can go under GA if I didn't fast. The surgery had to be postponed. This means I can't be in school tomorrow for our 30th anniversary. Not happy! Not happy!

Called MP and Rosiah numerous times to see if they are in school so that I can go help them out. Wanted to go back before my surgery but Rosiah didn't reply. Called her after my dentist visit but she still didn't pick up. Eventually, I decided to just try my luck and head back to school after going home for a change of clothes. Thankfully they were still in school but most of the stuff were done and there's nothing left for me to do. Gave Mrs Singh a big big hug when I saw her. Hugs have become my way of saying "hi" these days. I like being hugged! :) Sadly, I won't be able to be in school tomorrow to help Rosiah out. I will be going in the morning before my surgery to help her out and hopefully I would be conscious enough after the surgery to help her again. Spending time with her and MP makes me happy. :) I miss my friends, I miss my life.

1 comment:

  1. i have been telling myself what to look forward back home... so I dont feel so sad abt leaving... looking forward to see them!

    ReplyDelete