Sunday, October 2, 2011

I DID IT!

Day 426

This is one of the most memorable days in my life. 

After 17 years, I finally took the plunge. I CUT MY HAIR. Well, it's not really a big deal for many people, they cut their hair short as and when they feel like it. But for me, cutting my hair short is a very very big deal. I have been keeping my hair long since I was 13. I cringe whenever I look at pictures with me in short hair. Short hair is an absolute no-no for me. I don't enjoy going to the hairdresser as I'm always fearful that they'll cut away too much of my hair or give me an ugly fringe. I always think that I look better before the haircut. But deep down, I always hope that one day, I would meet a hair stylist who can give me a haircut that makes me look pretty. But till now, I haven't found one. Perhaps the problem doesn't lie with the hair stylist, it lies with my face. I mean, if you have a pretty face, you can get away with any hairstyle. I don't have a pretty face, so I use my long hair to hide my fat and not so pretty face. People around me know that I only trim, never cut, my hair. So cutting my hair short is really a very very big deal for me.

I haven't been able to find a job since I got here and people have been telling me to use the time to do things that I've always wanted to do but never had the time to do. Well, this is something that I've always wanted to do. I've been asking myself the same question for years, will I look good with short hair? I never dared to do it in Singapore, if it turns out to be a disaster, I would probably be so depressed that I won't want to step out of my house. But over here, I don't have to face anyone so I guess this is the best time to do it. 

Comments I got from the family
Mama Goh: 剪了好像小妹妹。
Guma: 好看,好像 Ting Ting。
Xiaogu: 不像她 hor, 好像外国人,像韩剧里面的人。
Mei: You look younger.
Bro: You look like s****!
Papa Goh: 看了比较年轻。

Well, based on the above comments, I'm sure you can guess how my new hairstyle looks. At least I have a year's time to grow it back! For better or for worse, I'm just glad that I did it! And I know the answer to the question has bugged me for years. No, I don't look good with short hair. Haha. Now I'm going to grow it long and then perm it!

No comments:

Post a Comment