Friday, October 14, 2011

Eat Out - Oriental Spoon

Day 438

The weather is finally warming up.
Upside: I can finally go out in my shorts, singlets and birkis. No more chilly winds and thick clothing.
Downside: My flabby arms and fat thighs are wobbling for all to see. The trams smell and the irritating flies are out to in full force.
I prefer winters.


Our initial destination was Ajisen Ramen but I changed my mind on the tram to have Korean food instead. Wanted something spicy, wanted something bursting with flavours. We reached Oriental Spoon around 745, hoping to avoid the dinner crowd but it was still packed when we got there! Luckily we didn't have to wait long for a table. The place is so popular that diners were still streaming in at 830pm. Service was fast and friendly and the staff serving us actually came to our table twice to ask if the food was ok. I like him! :)






Chicken bulgogi - We opted for the spicy version but dear Mr Tan still found it sweet. It was mild spicy not spicy spicy and I think it goes really well with rice.






 




Ddeokbokki - I have a weakness for starchy stuff like rice cakes, mochi and sago pearls. It was a toss-up between Ddeokbokki and Jab-chae but because the Jab-chae at Oriental Spoon contains beef, we went with Ddeokbokki. I ♥ ♥ ♥ the chewy rice cakes! The chewy rice cakes were stir-fried with fish cakes, ramen noodles and lots of vegetables in Gochujang sauce. It was chopsticks-licking good!





Portions were large and we couldn't even finish the 2 dishes but I probably ordered the wrong dish combi. It's not that the food or the sauce wasn't good, but too much of the same taste doesn't work for us. 太腻了. But the Ddeokbokki was so good that I can't bear to let it go to waste so I packed the leftovers! Hopefully they'll still taste as good when I heat them up for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment