Saturday, October 22, 2011

Eat Out - Mekong

Day 446

Woke up to the rain and cold, dragged myself out of bed to get ready for lunch. Since it's cold and wet, we went Mekong to have some pho to warm our tummies. The first time I ate at Mekong was with Mrs Yeo when we came to Melbourne the year before. How time flies, I miss work, I miss school, I miss everyone. Asked Famous Amos if they are hiring yesterday and they said they are, but it's for the Christmas and New Year period which I'll be away. :( But I'll try again after the New Year. I just want to work. Anyway, back to lunch. Mr Tan doesn't like to eat at Mekong as he finds the place cramped and dirty and overrated. 

 
 

I ordered the chargrilled chicken and it's served with regular-sized pho which is way too much for me. I think I only managed to finish 1/3 of the serving. Even Mr Tan couldn't finish his small-sized pho. He isn't a fan of soup noodles and the only thing that can help to make it edible was chilli so he turned his soup into a bowl of red hot chilli soup. The spring rolls were crunchy and although I couldn't taste any prawn in it, it was still yummy. Nothing can go really wrong with deep fried food. Mama Goh will always say, "不要整天吃炸的,不好啊。" Sorry Mama Goh, but we're suckers for anything that's deep fried. Haha. Yummmmmm.

Then I experienced the most terrible terrible attitude from the cashier. I couldn't help but call her a b**** as we walked away. When asked for the bill, she merely uttered, "$30.50" and then turned away. We were pretty sure she had made a mistake so we POLITELY asked to verify the table number and she said, "12" which is obviously wrong. We were seated at table 3 and when we looked at table 12, it was occupied by 3 angmohs. We POLITELY told the cashier that our table is 3 and not 12 and then she printed the bill and slammed it on the table. !@#$%^ I asked Mr Tan if he told her our table number wrongly and he said no. B****!

No comments:

Post a Comment