Thursday, June 23, 2011

Papa and Mama Goh has a New Toy!

Day 325

Something new arrived at home today. Papa and Mama Goh's new toy!
Black, Thin, Wide, Sleek and not to mention expensive. After so many years of talking about it, they finally bought one! It has been a long long time since Papa and Mama Goh bought something for themselves. Bro said it has something to do with me. I say it has something to do with him.

Papa and Mama Goh MUST be celebrating that their last "money sucking machine" can now suck money from others and not them anymore. Haha. Bro has graduated! No more tuition fees, no more hostel fees and no more pocket money! Papa and Mama Goh are officially FREE! It's time for the "money sucking machines" to repay their debts. I've been repaying since I started working and only stopped when I came here last year and became jobless. Bro and I are very fortunate that both Papa and Mama Goh are working and they don't really need our money to get by. What I give them every month is more like a token sum, if they rely on it to get by, I think they would be "eating air" everyday. Haha.

 Now let's put our hands together to welcome their new toy! *drum rolls*
46inch SONY LED Flat Screen TV
(stll waiting for Bro to send me a decent pic of the TV..he's busy dating! no time to entertain old woman like me..sigh..)

Yes, I know almost all TV are flat screens nowadays and it's really no big deal but you see, Papa and Mama Goh manage their finances in a very prudent manner. They would never splurge on themselves. They would talk about something for a really long time and keep looking at it but they can never bear to buy it. It's not that they can't afford it but they just can't bear to spend the money. Of course, this sometimes spells trouble for Bro and I because we'll buy it for them. Like birkis, like massage chair, like concert tickets, like LV. But I'm not complaining. They've worked hard all these years, scrimped and saved to give us the best that they can so now it's our turn. So Bro, better get a job soon so that Papa and Mama Goh and our dearest Guma can receive bigger and nicer presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment