Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Football Match - Qantas Socceroos VS Serbia

Day 309
7th June 2011


This has to be the COLDEST COLDEST COLDEST day since we came here and of all the days, we had to be watching the football match today. The chilly wind was beating against my face and it felt as if my nose was going to drop off my face anytime. This is the start of winter and it's already freezing cold. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in the days to come. Time to go shopping again. I need gloves, windbreaker and thick jackets.

 

We had a quick dinner at Emporio della Pasta before making our way to Etihad Stadium. We've had pasta here before and not all of them are nice. The one I ordered today, Emporio pescatora, was good. It might be due to the cold, it made me super hungry! Mr Tan hates pasta so he ordered Scaloppine di vitello, veal with mushrooms served with saffron rice and brocollini, instead. His veal was overcooked, so were the brocollini that came with it. For the first time in a while, I finished everything that was on my plate! And I'm glad I did. It got colder as the night went on and my fingers and toes were numb as I sat in Etihad Stadium watching the goalless match. I didn't know any of the players on either team but I was rooting for Serbia. It wasn't bad football but it could have been better if there was at least a goal. I'm making it a must-do to watch an BPL or World Cup match live!

 
 
 
The kids played on the pitch during half time. They were so adorable! They even celebrated like the football stars when they scored a goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment